This perfectly crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries is the best way to enjoy fantastic fast food at home! Unfold a bag of frozen fries as you warm up the hot air fryer and prepare to serve the freshest chips ever with your lunch or dinner!
Preparing the perfect frozen fries is super easy in your hot air fryer, using a hot air Fryer oven or basket-like hot air fryer!
Air Fryer Frozen French fries Recipe
There is something great about the fast air technology in air fryers that cooks deliciously crispy food without the extra oil for frying! These easy-to-make fries are no exception. They turn out to be golden, delicious and crispy without the expensive drive-thru journey!
Here is my recipe for making chips in the air fryer using frozen fries!
Whatever version of chips you make, they are the best crispy fries and they are absolutely effortless!
If you love your air fryer treats, check out some more of my easy Air Fryer recipes Cooking a whole rotisserie chicken in your Instant Pot Vortex Plus is a GREAT way to enjoy a whole chicken!
How to make frozen fries in the hot Air Fryer
Preheating your hot air fryer saves cooking time and also ensures your hot air fryer cooks your food more evenly. While preparing your fries, you can start preheating your hot air fryer to 400oF (205 ° C).
Start with your bag of frozen fries. Do you need to defrost your frozen fries? before air frying them? No definitely not! You will actually get better results if you use the chips that are still frozen and come straight out of the bag.
A light coat of spray oil on your air fryer racks or the basket of the air fryer is recommended. If you don’t have spray oil, use a paper towel with a light amount of olive oil to cover the cooking surfaces.
Unlike many other foods cooked in the air fryer, you don’t need to arrange your frozen fries in a single layer on your air fryer racks or in the air fryer basket. Light layering is okay, but don’t stack the fries too high. The number of chips you add will affect how long it takes for the chips to cook.
Hot air oven style hot Air Fryer
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and add the arranged chips as soon as the indicator says ‘ADD FOOD’. * Your timing may vary based on your type of chips, see below.
- Halfway through the cooking time, place the fries on the grids and turn the top rack down and the bottom rack up. Close the door and complete the cooking cycle.
- Remove the fries when they are ready to the desired level of crunchiness, sprinkle with salt or your favorite herbs and serve.
Basket-style Air Fryer
- Set the timer on your hot air fryer to 15 minutes and add the basket of fries.
- At the 8 minute mark, turn the fries thoroughly in the basket to even fry. Return to the air fryer and continue the cooking cycle.
- Remove the chips when they have reached the desired crispness, sprinkle with salt and/or your favorite herbs and serve.
How long does it take to bake frozen fries in the Air Fryer
Generally, your air-fried frozen fries will be cooked to perfection in 15 minutes. Your fries should always be checked around 10 minutes, and the fries should be tossed from the top to the bottom shelf and rotated if using an air fryer.
- Small fries take about 10 – 15 minutes, depending on the desired crispness.
- Crinkle-Cut Fries take approximately 15 minutes. Some may prefer really crispy fries so these crinkly and waffle fries are cooked for almost 18-20 minutes.
- Steak fries are thicker cut fries so it takes about 15 – 18 minutes for a perfectly crispy on the outside and baked potato tender on the inside.
- Curly Fries take a little longer to fully cook and may take up to 20 minutes to be fully cooked.
- Waffle Cut French fries are fries that you would think take longer to cook. However, because the wafer is cut and allows air to circulate through the holes, these fries are cooked quite quickly. They can be done in 8 – 10 minutes. Check your waffle-cut fries after 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Potato wedges (also called Jo-Jo’s) take about 15 minutes to cook, but a few more minutes to get crispy.
Air Fryer Frozen French fries
This perfectly crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries is the best way to enjoy fantastic fast food fries at home! Flip open a bag of frozen chips while your air fryer is heating up and get ready to serve the freshest chips ever with your lunch or dinner!
Course : Hot air fryer, Starters, Potato dishes, Side dish
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 295 kcal
- 16 oz frozen fries
- Spraying oil (light spray for air fryer or chips)
- Condiment (tasting)
Instructions – Fast Forward
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. (205 degrees C).
- Spray or cover your air fryer basket or racks with spray oil or use a paper towel to coat the cooking surfaces.
- Arrange the frozen chips on your hot air fryer racks or in the hot air frying basket to create a lightly layered amount of chips.
- Convection oven-style air fryer: Set the timer for 15 minutes and add the chips as the ‘ADD FOOD‘ indicator. When the indicator says “TURN FOOD” turn the fries on the racks and rotate the racks from top to bottom and bottom to top. Close the door and complete the cooking cycle. Remove the fries when they have reached the desired crunchiness.
- Basket-style air fryer: Set the timer for 15 minutes and add the basket of chips. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the fries well and put them back in the air fryer. Continue the cooking cycle until the chips have reached the desired crispness.
- Season the frozen fries of your air fryer with salt or your favorite herbs and serve.
Calories: 295kcal | carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated fat: 5g | Sodium: 556mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg