1.Cooking frozen Onion rings with Air Fryer
Fantastically crispy onion rings in the air fryer don’t get much easier than starting with already breaded frozen onion rings!
I absolutely love these Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings because they are incredibly easy and super crunchy in just minutes! The ease of getting as good as fried foods in these hot air fryers is just great. I love the ease of tidying up and both my hubby and I love these perfectly crispy onion rings with a large, juicy burger !!
Air Fryer Recipe for Frozen Onion rings
As a foodie, food blogger, etc. whatever you want to call my official title here at Homes’n’stuffs, it’s pretty safe to assume I like cooking and baking. However, there are days when even I REALLY appreciate something super easy!
So on those days when I’m focused on making the perfect burger, you can bet I love being able to serve crunchy onion rings without the hassle of a dredging station or my deep fryer. They’re definitely a perfect side to serve with something grilled, and my kitchen doesn’t look like a tornado, either.
This is a big plus! The even bigger plus is that these onion rings in the air fryer are ready in just 8 – 10 minutes! Simplicity at its best.
How to cook frozen onion rings in a hot air fryer
The most frequently asked question about cooking frozen onion rings in a hot air fryer is how long to cook your onion rings. The short answer is that it depends on a number of things. A) Your air fryer model and B) how crispy you like your onion rings to be.
Generally, it takes about 8-10 minutes to cook frozen onion rings in the air fryer. To get the best crunch from your onion rings, you need to leave your distance. This allows the air to circulate the best, allowing the onion rings to cook faster and more evenly.
To begin, depending on the model or type of air fryer, start the preheat cycle or set the temperature to 400ºF (205ºC). Let your air fryer preheat while you prepare the onion rings.
Cook The Onion Rings At 400oF (205 oC)
- Cover your hot air fryer basket or tubs with non-stick cooking spray or your favorite spray oil (olive oil, avocado oil, etc.).
- Divide the onion rings with spacing and try to keep them in a single layer as much as possible.
- Transfer the onion rings to your hot air fryer and start the cooking cycle for 8 minutes.
- After 4 minutes or after your air fryer indicates ‘TURN FOOD’, flip onion rings. If you are using a hot air fryer, rotate the shelves from top to bottom and vice versa. Return to your air fryer and continue the cooking cycle.
- Check the onion rings after 8 minutes of cooking time and serve immediately. Or continue cooking for another 2 minutes or more depending on the desired crispness.
Cooking Frozen Onion Rings in a hot Air Fryer
Course: Hot air fryer, starter, starters, side dish
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 220 kcal
13 1/2 oz Frozen onion rings (Any Brand of your choice)
Salt and Pepper (optional, to taste)
Instructions – Fast Forward
- Preheat your hot air fryer to 400 degrees F. (205 degrees C) and spray your hot air fryer basket or trays with a non-stick cooking spray. If you are using a hot air fryer, set the timer to 8 minutes to start the preheating cycle.
- Place the onion rings evenly in the basket or on trays. If you leave some space, the air can circulate evenly, so you can cook faster with crispy results.
- Bake in the air for about 4-5 minutes, then turn the onion rings over and bake for another 4-5 minutes in the air.
- For crispy onion rings, increase the hot air roasting time by 1-2 minutes per side.
Calories: 220kcal | carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 691mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g
This was one of our Best Air fryer Recipes For Frozen Food.
More coming up soon !!